Have you wondered why there is an increasing demand for graphic designers these days? Whether it is product packaging, mobile app designing, publishing, software designing, manufacturing, or even UX designing, graphic designing skills are required. No surprises then why graphic designing has grown into a rather lucrative career option. Gone are the days when people thought that graphic designing skills would only be relevant in the gaming or advertising world. While these industries continue to rely heavily on such professionals, there are many more fields where a graphic designer’s talent could come in handy.
Industries that require graphic designing skills:
- Manufacturing industry hires graphic designers when it comes to working out product packaging details, combining the right text, layout, and images to appeal to consumers. Such graphic designers are typically referred to as industrial graphic designers.
- User Experience is the essence of website designing and while you may hire designers who can carry out UX functions too, there are graphic designers with expertise in this. Having a third party UX web designer look into your site designs and testing the features will ensure that your website has everything it needs to catch the attention of visitors. UX designing is not only an integral part of web designing but also customer service; so, the application of graphic design in this industry is not dwindling any time soon.
- Mobile App Designing is a field that can hope to exploit the skills of graphic designers. This has grown into a great career option in the recent years with the influx of thousands of apps as more and more consumers choose to buy online through smartphones. Mobile app designing includes creating apps for enterprises, online games for smartphones, tools that people can use to buy groceries, medicines, and other daily requirements, etc. The main reason to hire graphic designers is to ensure that the apps thus created are responsive and user-friendly.
- Publishing is another industry where graphic designing continues to be useful. Graphic designers are responsible for creating images like advertisements or logos that will be featured in books and magazines. A graphic designer will create the layout for books so that the reader finds it appealing and easy to get the information he is looking for.
- Advertising is of course one of the most popular industries that cannot do without graphic designers. Such professionals typically work for some advertising firm or they can be freelancers too. They are responsible for developing visual illustrations or animations for advertisements and designing the layout that will showcase the text with the images. Whether it is the cereal box at the breakfast table or the billboard you drive past on your way to work, each product has eye-catching designs that were created by a graphic designer.
- Promotion for businesses is another field where graphic designing skills are handy. Whether you need print or online ads, business promotions will need graphic designing. Today you will find specialists in different kinds of marketing like social media marketing and those equipped to work in public relations fields.
- Fashion is another industry where there is ample scope for graphic designers. While fashion designers create the clothes it is the graphic designers that decide on their labeling and promotion. All the signage on shop windows and display shelves are the handiwork of graphic designers hired by fashion houses.